Saturday, February 24, 2007

What's been happening lately?

It has been an interesting few days.

I must admit that I am on a mission here! I had to have 2 x ct scans, one of my neck and one of my brain (of which I am delighted to be able to tell my hubby that I have a normal brain!!) and one by ultrasound on my carotoid arteries (both sides of the neck to see if blood is flowing ok).

Well $700 later as you can see above all was normal and no sign of why half my face is numb!. Not exactly numb, but the kind of feeling when you have a swollen face or the feeling after being to the dentist!!

After being told the bill was $700 of which Medicare would cover $500 and I was out of pocket $200 the lady at the clinic said would you like to pay in full today?? She was very robotic, almost like I say this everytime kind of person. I asked her if there was any discount for paying in full on the day... To which she replied - NO. Well thank god I had not had a stroke.. and thank god I didn't have one when she told me the amount of the bill... So to her I said NO..

So, I wait another day to get the results from the CT Scan etc. Had to go back to see the local GP
for a brief consultation to tell me my brain was normal!!!

And then to be told if the numbness continues after a week (oh also to take anti-inflammatories) then to come back I was then charged another $39.10.

This Dr bill is adding up right???

Hmm $700 for scans and ultrasound
Revisit Dr $39.10

Now who is making money here?? Certainly NOT me!!

I really think our medical system needs a huge overhaul. I pay $106 per fortnight for private cover plus my 1.5% for medicare. Tell me why I am so out of pocket????

Phewwwww

So.. onto other things.
I have done another page about a beautiful card that my husband gave me on Valentines day and also working on a photo swap with a lovely lady from Victoria. It is challenging and I hope that once I have finished, she will like what I have done as a layout for her Gran's wedding photos.